Contact: Emily Mozer, email@example.com
Hosted fundraising events are vital to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Omaha in order to fulfill our mission to provide a temporary home away from home for families of ill or injured children receiving treatment at Omaha area medical facilities as well as to invest in community programs that promote the health and well being of children.
We welcome and greatly appreciate requests from individuals, organizations and corporations (“Host”) to host benefits, special events or donation drives on behalf of RMHC Omaha. The following guidelines have been developed to protect both the Host and RMHC Omaha.
A minimum of 3 weeks advance notice of your event is requested in order to ensure coordination with RMHC Omaha staff and posting on the RMHC Omaha Event Calendar.
- Any use of RMHC Omaha’s logo or inclusion of the RMHC Omaha’s name in any/all event promotion must be approved by RMHC Omaha. In addition, ALL publicity and/or promotional materials referencing RMHC Omaha’s involvement must be approved by RMHC Omaha well in advance of the event (minimum of 3 weeks).
- Host is responsible for ALL event coordination, marketing/promotion and sales.
- Host is responsible for complying with all applicable local, state and federal regulations regarding a charitable event.
- Host agrees to coordinate with and request permission from RMHC Omaha before soliciting any individuals, organizations or businesses in order to avoid duplicated efforts.
- Host must state the terms of the donation to RMHC Omaha can expect from the event (example: 50% of profits, one time donation of $1,000, or all proceeds) and tender gift within sixty (60) days of the event.
- RMHC Omaha asks that accepted industry fundraising standards are followed so no more than 35% of gross revenue generated be used to cover event expenses (more information on accountability standards can be found at www.give.org).
- A donation solicited on our behalf, whether a donation is an item or cash, is fully tax-deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to RMHC Omaha. RMHC Omaha will determine what types of gifts can be considered tax-deductible prior to Sponsor solicitation or promotion, as only RMHC Omaha can verify that such a gift was made, and its nature, to the IRS. This information must be made explicitly clear in promotion of the Host’s event.
- Host is responsible for soliciting participation from supporters or donors. RMHC Omaha will help by listing the event information on the RMHC Omaha events web page, on RMHC Omaha Social Media sites, and in the e-newsletter.
- Host agrees to indemnify and hold harmless RMHC Omaha and McDonald’s Corporation (who owns the RMHC Omaha trademarks) from any and all third party claims made in connection with the hosted fundraiser. A certificate of insurance may be requested from RMHC Omaha.
- Host is responsible for financing any and all expenses related to a hosted fundraising event or assumes responsibility for any debts incurred.